Avoid water damage
Every day, there are more than 100 occurrences of water damage in Finland. You can prevent water damage in many ways.
Floor drain and toilet
- Food residues, paper towels, cotton buds, etc. must not be thrown down the toilet.
- It is a good idea to clean floor and other drains regularly, as they may easily get clogged from hair, for example.
- Falling asleep on the floor drain while intoxicated is a surprisingly common cause of water damage.
Washing machine, dishwasher and refrigeration equipment
- Please place a drip tray under the dishwasher, washing machine and refrigeration equipment. The drip tray brings any leakage water to the front of the machine, so the problem can be detected more quickly.
- Our homes do not have a dishwasher as standard, so tenants are responsible for purchasing one themselves. If you purchase a dishwasher, it must be installed by a professional.
- Please do not leave a running washing machine or dishwasher unattended.
- Always turn off the water taps of the washing machine and dishwasher after use.
- The connections and fastenings of the dishwasher and washing machine should be checked regularly. In addition, at least every five years, a professional must be ordered to replace the inlet and outlet pipes of washing machines in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- When defrosting the freezer, do not leave it unattended. The amount of melt water can be very large, and it may cause water damage.